Meeting/Event Highlights and Updates
Highlight of Sixth General Meeting
- Guest speaker from Western University to talk about Vet school program and provided information about the campus, housing, tuition, program.
- Food canned drive teaming up with Flying Samaritans (label cans: the Flying pigs)- turn cans in at MH-488(Oppurtunity center); make sure to take pictures of cans and the room number!
- Ice Skating rink fundraiser on 11/30/18
- 1 extra paw point for every person you bring
Highlights of the Fourth Meeting
Guest speaker from Ross University came to talk to us about the campus and the school.
- Tuition, scholarships
- information about housing, the island, and what the school offers
- admission process and interview
Highlights of the First General Meeting
Welcome back to all returning club members and a warm welcome to any new members! Here is a meeting recap of this semester’s first meeting for anyone who was not able to make it:
- Upcoming fundraisers is at the Ice Skating rink (date will be announced soon) and TV taping on November 16th (must RSVP by 10/24)
- Some Events for this semester:
- Suture Clinic
- Shadowing a Vet
- Dinner with Vet Students
- Puppy Therapy
- Fundraising events
- PAW points will be rewarded to each member for attending meetings, events, and fundraisers. In order to be considered an active member for the semester each member must have accumulated at least 20 PAW points. The breakdown of the PAW points system is as follows:
- 2 points for each meeting (1 if you leave early)
- 4 points for attending field trips
- 4 points for attending fundraisers and social events (1 point for each additional person you bring)
- 5 points for participating in puppy therapy and the suture clinic
We are looking forward to spending another semester with all returning members and getting to know all new members! Our second general meeting will be held on Tuesday, September 26 @ 6-8 pm in McCarthy Hall 487.
***3rd General Meeting (October 10th) membership applications due! CASH ONLY.
If you want reminders of our next club meetings or events:
- Txt @h8fc94 to 81010
- Follow Social Media:
- IG: @ csufpreveterinaryclub
- FB: @ csufprevetclub
- Website: www.csufprevetclub.org